Greiner Bio-One Webinars
Greiner Bio-One offers educational webinars for both BioScience and Preanalytics customers several times throughout the year at no charge to industry professionals. These webinars are recorded and made available to customers to enjoy in the future.
Please note that P.A.C.E.® credit for viewing recordings for Preanalytics webinars will be available for 7 days after the live event only.
Blood Culture Contamination
After completing this viewing of this webinar, attendees will be able to discuss the following topics:
- Discuss preanalytical components of blood cultures
- Recognize common causes of blood culture contamination
- Discuss how to reduce blood culture contamination
This webinar was originally aired by Greiner Bio-One on June 15th at 1:00pm Eastern. P.A.C.E credit will not be provided if the recording is viewed after more than 7 days from the live airing date.
15. June 2017, 14:00, Eastern
Sample Storage Tubes as Quality-Critical Components in Biobanking
Biobanks store biological samples and associated data to make them available for clinical studies as well as research on biomarkers, personalized medicine and public health. The paramount goal of Biobanking is the preservation of sample integrity during all steps of sample collection, processing, storage and delivery; hence, factors influencing the sample quality during these steps need to be understood and controlled. Register for a 60 minute webinar discussing the following topics in regards to the effects of storage tubes in biobanking.
- cleanliness of tube raw material,
- tube closure systems and their suitability for long-term storage,
- biomolecule adsorption onto the tube surface,
- datamatrix codes for tube identification,
- quality of the datamatrix barcodes,
- guidelines for good practice in Biobanking.
This webinar will be presented by Sven Mühlfriedel, Ph.D. During his diploma studies at the Universities of Jena/Germany and Pittsburgh/USA and in his doctoral thesis at the Max-Planck-Institute in Göttingen/Germany. Sven Mühlfriedel is the team leader of the Product Management Group at Greiner Bio-One with a strong focus on Cryo Technologies and Biobanking applications.
31. May 2017, 09:00, Eastern
Sven Mühlfriedel, Ph.D.
UV/VIS Spectroscopy in Microplates
Greiner Bio-One will provide a one hour long webinar series entitled "UV/VIS Spectroscopy in Microplates" with Dr. Rainer Heller. Dr. Heller will discuss the following topics:
- Basics of UV/VIS Spectroscopy
- Colorimetric Measurements
- Enzyme Activity
- Special Case: ELISA
- Determination of DNA Concentrations
Date: On Demand
15. December 2016, 11:00, Eastern
Dr. Rainer Heller
Pt. 2 How the Presence of Inappropriate Anticoagulant in Specimen Collection Compromises Sample Quality
Greiner Bio-One provides a two-part webinar series taking an in-depth look at understanding the importance of having the right anti-coagulant for your specimen collection.
1. Review venous specimen collection and tube order of draw
2. Review the function of common anticoagulants
3. Identify errant test results based on inappropriate anticoagulant use
This webinar will offer attendees 1 P.A.C.E. credit for each session. Those who attend both parts 1 and 2 will receive individual credit for each session equaling 2 credit hours.
26. October 2016, 01:00, Eastern