Greiner Bio-One Webinars
Greiner Bio-One offers educational webinars for both BioScience and Preanalytics customers several times throughout the year at no charge to industry professionals. These webinars are recorded and made available to customers to enjoy in the future.
Please note that P.A.C.E.® credit for viewing recordings for Preanalytics webinars will be available for 7 days after the live event only.
Cell Based Assay and Tissue Reconstruction in ThinCert Cell Culture Products
Ethical, scientific and financial concerns lead to an increasing importance of cell based assays and three-dimensional cell cultures in lieu of live-animal experimentation. With respect to these developments, ThinCert™ cell culture inserts with porous PET membranes are significant because they form a two-compartment system to readily mimic a variety of in vivo situations, such as:
1. Cell migration and invasion,
2. Interaction and communication of physically separated cell populations (co-culture)
3. Trans-epithelial transport,
4. Tissue growth and differentiation at the air-liquid-interface.
This presentation provides detailed insight in the different application fields of ThinCert™ cell culture inserts. Hints for the individual experimental design and the selection of the appropriate insert type are given.
22. March 2018, 11:00, Eastern
Sven Muhlfriedel Ph.D.
Preventing Specimen Rejection in the Collection of Non-Blood Samples
During the course of this 60 minute, P.A.C.E.® accredited webinar, attendees will achieve the following program objectives:
1. Identify best practices in collection of non-blood specimens.
2. Review situations resulting in rejection of non-blood specimens.
3. Explain the potential patient impact caused by inadequate specimen collection.
15. March 2018, 08:31, Eastern
Specimen Rejection: When is a Sample Unsuitable for Testing?
Join us as expert Beth Warning discusses the topic of specimen rejection. Attendees of this webinar will perform the following:
1. Identify common preanalytic variables leading to specimen rejection.
2. Review patient factors that may warrant rejection or recollection.
3. Discuss effects on patient care when a sample is considered unsuitable.
This webinar is offered at no charge and is worth 1.0 P.A.C.E. credit hour. A Q&A will be held at the end of the webinar to take attendee questions.
07. December 2017, 13:00, EST
Beth Warning MS, MLS (ASCP)
Actions to Reduce Hemolyzed Samples
This webinar was held on October 5th, 2017 . "Actions to Reduce Hemolyzed Samples" presented by Nancy Erickson, phlebotomy expert.
Attendees of this webinar will achieve the following objectives:
1. Understand common causes of hemolysis.
2. Alter practices to avoid hemolysis risks during the preanalytical phase.
3. Implement hemolysis reduction activities in your facility.
*Please note that CEU credits are only available for the live webinar. The recording is for reference only.
15. August 2017, 16:15