Greiner Bio-One Webinars
Greiner Bio-One offers educational webinars for both BioScience and Preanalytics customers several times throughout the year at no charge to industry professionals. These webinars are recorded and made available to customers to enjoy in the future.
Please note that P.A.C.E.® credit for viewing recordings for Preanalytics webinars will be available for 7 days after the live event only.
Preventing Specimen Rejection in the Collection of Non-Blood Samples
During the course of this 60 minute, P.A.C.E.® accredited webinar, attendees will achieve the following program objectives:
1. Identify best practices in collection of non-blood specimens.
2. Review situations resulting in rejection of non-blood specimens.
3. Explain the potential patient impact caused by inadequate specimen collection.
15. March 2018, 08:31, Eastern
Specimen Rejection: When is a Sample Unsuitable for Testing?
Join us as expert Beth Warning discusses the topic of specimen rejection. Attendees of this webinar will perform the following:
1. Identify common preanalytic variables leading to specimen rejection.
2. Review patient factors that may warrant rejection or recollection.
3. Discuss effects on patient care when a sample is considered unsuitable.
This webinar is offered at no charge and is worth 1.0 P.A.C.E. credit hour. A Q&A will be held at the end of the webinar to take attendee questions.
07. December 2017, 13:00, EST
Beth Warning MS, MLS (ASCP)
Actions to Reduce Hemolyzed Samples
This webinar was held on October 5th, 2017 . "Actions to Reduce Hemolyzed Samples" presented by Nancy Erickson, phlebotomy expert.
Attendees of this webinar will achieve the following objectives:
1. Understand common causes of hemolysis.
2. Alter practices to avoid hemolysis risks during the preanalytical phase.
3. Implement hemolysis reduction activities in your facility.
*Please note that CEU credits are only available for the live webinar. The recording is for reference only.
15. August 2017, 16:15
Blood Culture Contamination
After completing this viewing of this webinar, attendees will be able to discuss the following topics:
- Discuss preanalytical components of blood cultures
- Recognize common causes of blood culture contamination
- Discuss how to reduce blood culture contamination
This webinar was originally aired by Greiner Bio-One on June 15th at 1:00pm Eastern. P.A.C.E credit will not be provided if the recording is viewed after more than 7 days from the live airing date.
15. June 2017, 14:00, Eastern