· Work with carriers and assist in developing delivery routes and maintain contact with carriers throughout the day.
· Collaborate with management and customer service to modify carrier routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
· Act as a communication liaison between customer service and carriers by answering incoming calls, e-mails, and instant messages from customer service about transit times, cost, and estimated time of arrivals.
· Cultivate strong relationships with customer service, sales, and customers to reduce the concerns related to late or missed shipments.
· Monitor any sudden shipping changes related to backorders, expedited shipments, and other requests that will require immediate attention.
· Monitor and reconcile all inbound and outbound airfreight and overseas containers.
· Manage intercompany transfers between multiple warehouses.
· Monitor sterilization loads and reconcile with quality.
· Approving invoices for various carriers.
· Enter shipping information from BOL to SAP.
· Understand GDP, ISO, and FDA requirements as it pertains to transporting material.
· Other duties may be required based on need of the company including, but not limited to, receiving, pulling orders, processing ups/fed-ex orders, and 5s related cleanup.
· Ability to represent GBO in a professional manner.
· Ability to electronically organize and recall records .
· Ability to understand transit times and the strengths and weakness between various preferred carriers.
· Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations.
· High school diploma/GED required.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the United States.
· Have an understanding of international shipping/terms.
· Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
· High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Access, Word).
· Knowledgeable in SAP.
· Attention to detail.
· Type 55 words per minute or greater on average.
• Familiar with all office equipment (copier, fax, etc.).
· Standing, walking, or sitting up to 10 hours per day.
· Kneeling, reaching, steps and stairs, pushing,and pulling as needed to meet job requirements.
· Lifting packages 18 lbs. to 13 lbs. repeatedly, and occasionally lifting up to 70 lbs.
· Ability to work on an order picker platform with packages weighing approximately 20 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply please CLICK HERE: