How to order
Placing an order for the Greiner Bio-One mycoplasma testing service is very easy.
- Please Click Here and fill out the Order Form
- For pricing information please contact us under mycoplasmagbocom or talk to your local Greiner Bio-One Sales Representative
- Please inquire if you qualify for bulk pricing or free shipping
- Send the filled out Order Form to mycoplasmagbocom or to your local Greiner Bio-One Sales Representative.
- Your results will be returned to you via email
SPECIMEN PREPARATION AND TRANSPORT
A. Cell Culture Supernatant Preparation:
1. Please provide 2 tubes for each sample.
2. Transfer 2 x 1 ml of cell culture supernatant into a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tubes with screw cap. Cell culture supernatants should be harvested from non-confluent but densely grown cells; cells can be found in the supernatant as they start to detach from the cell culture vessel.
3. Centrifuge for 10 min at > 10,000 g.
4. Carefully remove the supernatant except for a residual volume of ca. 10 – 50 µl.
5. Heat the specimen at 95°C for 5 min.
6. Briefly centrifuge the tube to accumulate all the liquid at the bottom. Close the lid thoroughly and label the tubes with the sample ID.
7. The two tubes of each sample should be labeled with the supplement A resp. B. The specimen is now ready to be sent.
B. Suspension Culture Preparation:
1. Transfer 2 x 1 ml of suspension culture into 1.5 ml reaction tubes with screw cap.
2. Centrifuge for 3 min at 300 g. Transfer the supernatant again in sterile 1.5 ml reaction tubes.
Continue with step 3 of the Cell Culture Supernatant Preparation
C. Cell Pellet Preparation:
1. Trypsinize the cells.
2. Use a 15ml centrifuge tube for the cell solution,
3. Centrifuge the cells at 10,000g
4. Discard the supernatant and wash the cells a couple of times (2-3x) with cell culture medium or PBS. Afterwards send the pellet within the 15ml tube
Please note: If sending cell pellet, we will only detect intracellular mycoplasma or mycoplasma which adheres to the cells but not free mycoplasma from the supernatant.
D. Frozen vials can be sent at room temperature
Please provide information about the specimen in the order form under description and send the tubes together with the order form within one day to the address given below. Biological risk material of group 3 and 4 organisms as well as material from human origin for in vitro diagnostic investigations will not be accepted.
PLEASE SHIP YOUR SAMPLE TO:
Everist Genomics, Inc. 709 West Ellsworth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI, 48108