Greiner Bio-One webinars
... are prepared and delivered by our experienced product specialists.
We are delighted to be able to offer you webinars on a variety of topics. Our webinars are always free to attend and are held several times a year.
Please select a webinar that interests you and register online. Registrations can be accepted around 2 weeks prior to the webinar date.
Webinar recordings are also available but some are only available for a limited time.
Specimen Rejection: When is a Sample Unsuitable for Testing?
07. December 2017, 18:00, GMT
Beth Warning MS, MLS (ASCP)
Sample Storage Tubes as Quality-Critical Components in Biobanking
Biobanks store biological samples and associated data to make them available for clinical studies as well as research on biomarkers, personalised medicine and public health. The paramount goal of Biobanking is the preservation of sample integrity during all steps of sample collection, processing, storage and delivery; hence, factors influencing the sample quality during these steps need to be understood and controlled. Register for a 60 minute webinar discussing the following topics in regards to the effects of storage tubes in biobanking.
- cleanliness of tube raw material,
- tube closure systems and their suitability for long-term storage,
- biomolecule adsorption onto the tube surface,
- datamatrix codes for tube identification,
- quality of the datamatrix barcodes,
- guidelines for good practice in Biobanking.
31. May 2017, 14:00, GMT
Sven Mühlfriedel, Ph.D.
UV/VIS Spectroscopy in Microplates
We are delighted to offer our latest webinar entitled "UV/VIS Spectroscopy in Microplates" with Dr. Rainer Heller. Dr. Heller will discuss the following topics:
- Basics of UV/VIS Spectroscopy
- Colorimetric Measurements
- Enzyme Activity
- Special Case: ELISA
- Determination of DNA Concentrations
We would be delighted for you to join us and we hope that you find the webinar of interest.
Date:- 15th December
Duration:- 1 hour
15. December 2016, 16:00, GMT
Dr. Rainer Heller
A new approach in adventitious virus testing in biopharmaceutical production
In cooperation with INFORMA we perform a webinar to introduce the new ViroInspect® Rodent 2 Test Kit for the detection and identification of viruses in biological materials.
Overview of the presentation:
- Contamination of cell cultures by viruses is a fundamental problem for the manufacture of biopharmaceutical products
- Biopharmaceutical production must comply with different legal requirements and regulatory bodies all over the world
- Cell culture and in vivo susceptibility test are still used as standard methods but suffer from many disadvantages such as time, sample throughput, serviceability, specificity, sensitivity, ethical aspects and overall costs
- New techniques for rapid and comprehensive virus detection have been developed and validated in accordance with legal guidelines
- With results delivered in less than 9 hours, ViroInspect® Rodent 1 and Rodent 2 from Greiner Bio-One are a rapid and effective alternative to cell culture and in vivo testing
Webinar Date: June 1st, 2016 – 15.00 CET / 14.00 BST / 9.00 EDT
01. June 2016, 15:00, CET
Dr. Kristina Hänel, Key Account Manager, Biopharm. Applications